WHANAU ORA NAVIGATOR – CHRISTCHURCH WOMEN’S PRISON
FULL TIME POSITION
THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR THE RIGHT PERSON WHO IS INTERESTED IN THE RE-INTEGRATION OF WOMEN PRISONERS AND THEIR TRANSITION BACK INTO THE COMMUNITY
The purpose of the Whanau Ora Navigator is to engage with these women and their whanau individually and collectively, in a manner that strengthens the position of these women to be more self-managing.
The navigator formulates and enhances a kaupapa Maori values-based rehabilitation pathway. This pathway will provide enduring rehabiliation and re-integration for women within the context of Te Ao Maori.
Eligible women will be supported through interventions that will enrich their cultural identity.
The role entails operating with a Whanau Ora approach that builds cohesive, resilient and nurturing healthy lifestyles for whanau.
- have a full clean NZ drivers licence
- have a clean criminal record.
- be able to legally work in NZ
Ideally you will:
- have a minimum of three years working in the community, social, education, justice or health sectors
- be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- have excellent communication skills
- have a knowledge of database and have good computer skills
- have a good understanding of Tikanga and Kaupapa Maori values and principle
If you think this position is for you, then please contact Jeanette Campbell on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring: 021 278 2552 for more information.