We currently have the following vacancy to fill:
- Whānau Ora Navigator (working with women in prison)
Please see further details below
WHANAU ORA NAVIGATOR – WORKING WITH WOMEN IN PRISON
FULL TIME POSITION
THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR THE RIGHT PERSON WHO IS INTERESTED IN THE RE-INTEGRATION OF FEMALE PRISONERS AND THEIR TRANSITION BACK INTO THE COMMUNITY
The purpose of the Whanau Ora Navigator is to engage with these women and their whanau individually and collectively, in a manner that strengthens the position of these women to be more self-managing.
The navigator formulates and enhances a kaupapa Maori values-based rehabilitation pathway. This pathway will provide enduring rehabilitation and re-integration for women within the context of Te Ao Maori.
Eligible women will be supported through interventions that will enrich their cultural identity.
The role entails operating with a Whanau Ora approach that builds cohesive, resilient and nurturing healthy lifestyles for whanau.
- have a full clean NZ drivers licence
- have a clean criminal record.
- be able to legally work in NZ
Ideally you will:
- have a minimum of three years working in the community, social, education, justice or health sectors
- be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- have excellent communication skills
- have a knowledge of database and have good computer skills
- have a good understanding of Tikanga and Kaupapa Maori values and principle
For further information about the role above, please email Tania Curtis (HR Manager) on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you would like to submit your cv in consideration, please do so via this link: Register here