Current Vacancies at Te Runanga o Nga Maata Waka:
COMMUNITY CONNECTOR - christchurch
FIXED-TERM CONTRACT position
this is an exciting opportunity to support youth and whanau in your community throughout Greater Christchurch
The Community Connector role involves working primarily as a Lead Professional alongside the Christchurch Children’s Team. You will ensure:
- Vulnerable children’s needs are assessed.
- Vulnerable children have a single plan covering all their needs
The right services are being delivered, plans are reviewed and outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic worker with great initiative to join our team, forming an important link between Christchurch Children’s Team and the community, responding to the needs of at risk children and their families/ whanau and become the lead contact for them.
As a Community Connector, your way of working will be based on the belief that social support is more acceptable and accessible to people if they are connected to services in an environment closer to where they live and in a way that does not carry stigma. The role will:
- Be individual and family/whanau focussed
- Work with individuals and families/whanau to find their own solutions to their need
- Work in partnership with the Children's Team
- Have good relationships with natural community supports
- Act as a resource for individuals and families/whanau as well as for other service providers
- Deliver culturally appropriate and responsive services
You must have the ability to engage with youth, whanau, communities, colleagues and stakeholders to support positive change for youth and whanau.
To be effective in the role, a Community Connector should have the following skills, knowledge and attributes
- motivated and committed to improve the lives of individuals at risk of abuse and neglect
- flexible and adaptable, able to put the needs of individuals and whanau at the centre
- good listener and communicator
- reliable, honest and respectful of others
- confident in complex and changing situations
- have good level of cultural competence
- have an ability to analyse information and form evidence-based conclusions
- keep accurate up-to-date records on electronic case management systems
- have a current driver's license and ability to work in NZ
If this sounds like you, send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 27 October 2017